Haikus

Daniel and Matt are having a Haiku war. I've decided I'm going to try. Here are a few of mine:

The stars are twinkling
like small diamonds in the sky,
Oh how they sparkle.

The frog leaps into
his watery home, and makes
a small, quiet splash.

The day's time is up,
the twilight's magic begins
preparing for night.

//This has nothing to do with the book Twilight. I've always thought that the twilight was a time of strong magic. Even before The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess came out. (Which gives me an Idea for a poll...)

Water suspended
in the air around us all
a frozen moment.

A single seedling,
a tiny plant, will soon be
a mighty Redwood.

The songbird's sweet song
drifts through the air, til it comes
to rest on our ears.

The grace of the birds,
their swoops and turns, can inspire
even all the best.

Check back. I may edit this post to add more.

5 comments:

Oldewindmill said...

No, a haiku war as in... BASH THE OTHER PERSON (but only if they bash you and know that it's all in good fun and don't take offence)

Oldewindmill said...

And I voted other on your poll. SPORE all the way!

Oldewindmill said...

And did you draw that dragon?

Jarom said...

Okay, First of all, what you guys are doing IS NOT POETRY! It's insults organized in a 5-7-5 Syllable organization. And second, I totally knew someone was going to ask about the Dragon. No, I did not draw it. I wish that I could draw that well. Isn't it cool?

Modern Shinobi said...

I adore your spleen in the night it gleams so bright can i touch it please?

solarflare