The Laura Larsen Challenge

So, last night we went to a great fireside, it was one of those who they record in front of a live audience, and we were able to be the audience! It was great. One of his Opening Jokes:
"So I told my wife I was going to Washington for EFY. She froze. She turned and stared at me. "Is that okay?" I asked. She stared at me for a moment more before asking "Are you going to Forks?" "Umm... No. Do we know anyone in Forks?" "Yeah, the man I would marry if it wasn't for you." "Umm... Do you want me to say hi to him for you?" " By this point every girl in the room is almost falling off their chairs laughing, and the boys are looking around going "Uhh... What?" Then he mentioned the name all together- "Forks, Washington." It suddenly struck me. "Oh, boy" I thought.
Anyway, He talked about a girl that was in his seminary class when he was a sophomore. Her name was Laura Larsen. The only way he could describe her was that she glowed. She practically resonated this warm, happy feeling. And so he decided he wanted to be like her. He issued this challenge to all of us: Try to glow like Laura Larsen. Break the boundaries, be nice to everyone, no matter how "popular" they are. Be so kind, so loving, so happy, that you'll walk past strangers and they'll think, "What was that?" Give off a positive, joyful, loving aura. See how happy it makes you.

2 comments:

Annalisa said...

interesting. at work i'm quite cheerful because its how i make the time go by faster so that i can get home to your cousins linc & hari (they are always happy campers). anyway. lately i've noticed that everyone wants to come to my little cubicle space to see all my pictures and the happy faces of my family...so even in pictures people still see the joy of the gospel. anyway! smiles, aunt anna

Jeremiah said...

The best game ever is RCT3!

solarflare