Region Dance #2

Hey, all! Been doing a TON of homework lately. English Essays. Science Essays. Geography Essays. You know what I've learned about essays? I stink at them. I can write a decent song in five minutes, but I cannot write an essay for the life of me. Introductions are one of the biggest parts. I just don't know how to start the essay.

Anyways... Last Saturday, I went to the Region Dance again. I took Kat with me. I invited Aerin too, but she couldn't come because she was with her grandma. Anyways, I also met her friend Natalie, who is in her Region but came to our dance. It was at my stake center this time, so I knew a lot of the chaperones. I have a few funny stories from that night.

Let's see... So me, Evan, Kat, and Natalie were talking, and the dance right then was a swing dance, and we were talking about how me and Evan sorta knew the West Coast Swing, but nobody else knew. Then President Hansen comes up to Evan and says "Do you know how to swing dance?" And Evan said "Sorta."
"Then you can dance with this fine young lady right here."
"Wha- I don't really know the dance they're doing."
"That's okay, she can teach you."
So he learned to swing dance while the three of us watched him and kept talking.
Later on, we're in the same four, and the DJ stops the music and says "Okay, we've had a girl's choice dance, we've had a guys' choice dance, now it's time for a Chaperone Choice Dance! Get ready to be paired up!"
Evan instantly exclaimed "Refreshment's Table!" and bolted.
So I laughed at him, but then I looked up, and there is Brother Astil looking right at me.
Uh-oh.
I figure, there's no point to run, I'm going to get paired, might as well be next to someone I know.
So he comes over and pairs me with Natalie.
Halfway through the dance we're talking, and President Hansen shuffles by us, dragging Kat by the arm.
We laughed.
Turns out, though, that she got paired with a friend of mine from school that she didn't know, Jacob Virgin.

After the dance, I walk through the crowd and run into Brother Astil.
"So, how was the dance?"
"Good."
"You met someone new?"
"No, I actually already knew her. I probably would have asked her to dance eventually anyways."
"What! So all I did was speed up the process?"
He he... got ya there.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember that.

solarflare