Conversation with my Brain

"You know, I haven't blogged in a while..."
"Jarom!"
"Ahh! What??"
"Aren't you supposed to be doing your CEL essay?"
"... Maybe..."
"What are you doing?"
"Blogging... look, I just can't focus!"
"Well, let's try to focus. First, change windows..."
"Maybe somebody can help me."
"Jarom...!"
"Let's see... only Garrett and Jeremiah are online. They probably can't help me."
"Right. Now sign out of chat..."
"Maybe Garrett can help me. He usually gives me good advise."
"Jarom!"
"What??"
"You're being distracted again, aren't you?"
"Uhh..."
"Back to your essay."
"Hey, look! Mandi's on! Maybe she can help me!"
"Mandi doesn't go to your school, Jarom. She won't even know what CEL means."
"Oh, yeah..."
"Now, close the chat..."
"Hey, she's talking to me!"
"JAROM!"
"She's offering me her help!"
"But you're getting distracted!"
"Maybe... Dagget, she logged off."
"All right... now let's think. What's the topic of this essay?"
"I have to answer "What is the impact of population density on a given area?" The problem is, I can't write a good essay on only that! I'm too structured."
"If it wasn't an essay, how would you answer it?"
"Umm... More populated areas are poorer. At least, I think that's what the text book said. Let me go see..."
"All right, I'll wait..."
"Oh, crap... I totally read that wrong! It says population density is unrelated to poverty! Not related!"
"Hmm. That's something new."
"Yeah... Hey, Lexi's on!"
"Jarom..."
"And Lisa! Cool!"
"Jarom, you need to..."
"Oh, I rarely get to talk to Lexi and Lisa!"
"That's because Lisa lives in Kentucky."
"Exactly!"
"JAROM FOCUS ON YOUR ESSAY"
"Okay, okay.
...
Garrett's offering to help."
"*Sigh*"
"He usually gives good advice..."
"What if he distracts you?"
"He just told me how to start!"
"Good! Now how about you START?"
"Okay... Okay..."

Anybody else confused? The weird part is, I can't figure out which of my Seven personalities is talking to me in this particular conversation... Actually, I imagine it being a girls voice... Wait, I have a girl personality? That's a little weird. Can you tell that I am trying to focus on my essay but I really want to do anything but? This is a problem. Oh well, it's not due for another week and a half...

4 comments:

Jeremiah said...

This is the exact same issue I face daily.

Garrett Matthews said...

I kind of go through that. I'm sorry, but the other personality sounded like a mom. No offense or anything, that's just how I envisioned it.

Kristin said...

I'm glad to know that I am in your head...

Jarom said...

You know, that's exactly what it sounds like!

solarflare