Career Day

I'm in the computer lab at school right now, because Evan needs to retake part of the Computer Tech Test-Out (That I already passed. I was the first one! Yays!) And I wanted to come work on my Final Cut that I never got to work in Bradfield's Lab, but for some reason they are now taking the test in the computer lab. (We have five labs- the Tech Lab (Bradfield's) The Shop Lab (Cuavas') The Computer Lab, The Writing Lab, and the Library Lab.) So I'm in here doing this. Maybe I'll read my APHG book. After this.

So what's happened lately? Well, Friday was Career Day. It started with a thing in the auditorium, where we had Roger Malaga come and talk to us about his career. He is a dancer and actor, and he was the coreographer for High School Musical. He had a dance off, with some of the best dancers in the 9th grade- McKayla Whitehead, Maya Arzola, Marissa McQuinn, Diego... something, and Jacob Virgin. He did it to show us sorta what Auditions were like. And the winner was... JACOB! Yeah! You can see him dancing in this low quality video from last year's Talent Show.



After that we spereated and went to different classes. My first one was Computers, and that wasn't really that interesting. Then was Engineering, which was cool because he showed us a bunch of things that he worked with, like special metals and plastics and such. Then was Military, and a woman from the Air Force came and talked to us. She was a recruiter, so obviously she showed us all the advantages of joining the Air Force. It was pretty interesting.

0 comments:

solarflare