Concert Week

Okay, this was an interesting week. Tuesday I went to the West Jordan High School Choir Performance. Kat and Sam Boldrin and Justin Cook and Tanner DeHaan are all in those choirs, and let me say those choirs are amazing. It helps that they have a choir director who really knows what he's doing- Mr. DeHaan, who lives in our ward. Quin and Jason will both be in Choir at West Jordan next year. I'm going to do choir at Hillcrest. I'm currently signed up for Mixed Choir, but Aerin says that Sophmore guys can sign up for Concert Choir, cause they need more guys.

Thursday was out Combined Choir Rock Concert. Midvale Middle's two choirs and Mount Jordan's two choirs combined to make one big combined choir, and along with a live band called "The I.B." We created the most epicly awesome Middle School Concert of the YEAR! We were rocking out all night to Beatles and Queen, along with other rock songs like "Kiss from a Rose" and "Heartbreaker". I got to do a Solo for "Here, There, and Everywhere" by the Beatles, as well as do my own part during the finale, "Hey Jude".

Away from Concerts, Friday after school was the Ninth Grade Dance. It was kind of lame, cause it was only an hour long and they only played two slow songs, and only like 30 people showed up, so the gym was empty, but that made it kind of cool too, cause we had like half the gym to ourselves. And Gregory showed us just how good of a dancer he is, which was a little surprising, though not much.

After that, Evan invited me and Daniel to go to the Blaze game. So we went, and we got the stadium, and they told us that we had to stand in the Box Office line to get our vouchers turned into tickets, so we were all like "Where's the line?" And then we saw it... And it wrapped around the parking lot... It was HUGE. So Evan's dad was like... "Let's go to a movie." So we went and saw Iron Man 2. Interesting movie, not one of my favorites, but I liked it.

Saturday was boring...

Sunday evening we had Raechel and Calvin over and we played games. It was pretty fun. I love those guys.

Today we went up to Brigham City, went to visit my Grandpa at the Cemetary, and then went to Aunt Joelle's house. Megan had her baby today, so I have a new baby cousin.

0 comments:

solarflare