7 Days is too long... Says I.

I haven't posted in 7 days, so I need to.

Let's see... what's happened this week? Not much, really... and yet so much, really.

Last night we had a dodgeball tournament against the fifth ward. Before it even started, when Brielle heard about it, she said "Oh, you guys are getting creamed." Thanks for the support... I think she jinxed us. We only won one game... And Tori and Brielle were shocked when we told them that. :P But it was SO much fun.

Today we had the Power in You assembly. As ambassador, I got to run across the stage with a chalkboard that we had taped the Power in You banner to. :P But we'll actually get to plan and conduct the next few assemblies. We had Chris (Crap, what was his last name?) From Real Salt Lake come and be our MC. We had this guy from Ghana come and play and sing a song with his bongos (I think it was traditional from Africa... the language sounded African, but I don't know for sure so I don't want to say that I do... but I'm pretty sure.) Then talk about how he overcame trials. The Power in You is all about having confidence in yourself, and all you need to succeed is the Power in You.

For Solo and Ensemble, which is in 3 weeks, I'm doing a duet with Paige. Some of you have already heard about this. But we decided what song we wanted to do- Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing. It's really a beautiful song, one I've always liked. We went over it for the first time today. Paige is really a beautiful singer. And of all things, while we were singing, she said I had a great voice! I laughed. Anyways, I'm thinking this is going to be really beautiful in the end.

The highlight of my day today was Seminary. We decided to have a testimony meeting today, just randomly, and it was really spiritual. People were crying everywhere, the people who didn't like doing things like this were getting up and bearing their hearts, it was all very deep. Afterwards I was so full of love, and telling everyone how much I loved them. I was standing outside the building talking to Roscoe, and Paige just walks up and gives me a hug. Paige is really sweet. It just makes me think of how great my friends are.

There's one particular person I need to raise my hat to, today. So here's to Roscoe!


You are awesome! Thanks for being such a great friend, an awesome person, and a great spirit. I think you really have a gift- you have a strong spirit, and you can use that spirit to make people happy, make people smile, and make people laugh. Thank you for your awesome testimony. I am so glad to have you as a friend.

I love you all!

0 comments:

solarflare