Sickness, Where is thy Victory? *GAG COUGH*

Sometimes I pride myself (inwardly) that I rarely get sick... but I guess that just means that when I do get sick, it hits pretty hard. :P So, I've been home all day, I missed school, which sucks a whole ton that I can't even express it, and, yeah. Life is miserable currently.

And yet I'm in a smiley mood right now... (Which is differant then a good mood, or a hyper mood. Strangely enough...)

So, here's my depressing story.

It all started yesterday. Yesterday was supposed to be one of the funnest experiances of my life. I was on the road singing with the Concert Choir, with awesome friends like Ty, Rachel, Paige, Jason, and Matthew, all day. It was going to be grand. And for a while, it was. I did the first performance fine. Somewhere between the first and second, however, I formed a small stomachache. I did the second performance with this small stomachache, and it became slightly more painful. During lunch, we went to the mall, where I had hoped to be having the time of my life, but instead I was sitting, drinking flavorless slush because the thought of eating something didn't appeal to me, hoping that if I rested then it would go away and I could perform again.

(Funny Story Break... So I got this thing from DQ called an Orange Julius... which was like a half-slushy thing that was more juicy then a regular slushie... And for some reason the juice and the ice in mine never mixed, so I ended up drinking all the juice (Again, no idea how that happened) and all that was left was this flavorless slush... so I'm just slowly drinking this stuff, and I'm walking around a bit, and I find Josh and Jason and Melissa, and I tell them my sad story, and Melissa's like "I love flavorless slush! Can I have it?" And so I think for a minute, and just think "Heck, why not?" And give it to her... so now I'm weak, miserable, and slushless...  But the look on her face was priceless. :D )

So, anyways, third performance comes, my mindset is "I'm going to do this. I'm not going to quit. I'll be fine. It's just a little pain, that's all." I so wish that was true... So we're performing, and we're halfway through "Chim Chim Cheree" When my vision goes black. Fight of Flight kicks in and I think "I have to get out of here or I'll pass out in the middle of the performance." So I turn to Jason and say "I'm gonna pass out" and walk off the stage. (Luckily, I was on the sides, out of sight from half of the audience anyways, so I just slipped off.) Jason sneaks over during one of the numbers quickly and says "Hey, did you have a partner in anything?" And I'm like "Umm... yeah, I'm supposed to Waltz with Hailey..." "Ah, crap..." So now Jason has to find Hailey a waltzing partner... (Because he's already waltzing with someone else).

As the performance gets to "Heigh-ho" The girls walk off the stage and notice me sitting on the stairs... and are all immediately concerned. (Especially Hailey, because she's like "Wait... what am I supposed to do?") So after a quick "Are you going to be okay? Are you sure?" They all go back to dance "Some Day my Prince will Come" And the waltzers step up (I'll tell it how Hailey did... "I thought I wasn't even going to do it, but then I counted and there were six guys...") So Jason got Gregory to fake a waltz (It wasn't that hard...)

After the performance, I walk out with everyone else, and Mr. Smith comes out of the back of the Auditorium going "Where's Jarom? Was Jarom on stage?" (As I walk past him... he he...) So I go "I'm right here... My vision went black, so I stepped out." And he instantly looks concerned. (Strange... I don't remember what happened next... Just that people were concerned on the bus...) Then the fourth performance came around, and I decided that for the good of my health (and the show) I just shouldn't perform... So I took my camera and recorded it instead.

Afterwards, I got some interesting comments... Lindsey walked up and said "You're feeling better?" and I said "Just a little bit" and she said "Yeah, you were really pale. You have some rosiesness back in your cheeks." Then Tesya asked me what happened, and I told her about how my vision went black, and this look of shock comes over her face (Especially because I have a small (I'd say kind of weary, but still) smile as I tell her.) So, yeah, I had people like Tesya and Melissa, who I rarely seem to talk to, it seems, giving me hugs and telling me to get better. (Or in Melissa's case, "I DON'T WANT YOU TO DIE!" I've been talking to her more lately. I hope to become her friend.)

Little did I know that the worst was yet to come...

So I get home, and I feel tired, so I go, and instantly fall asleep on my bed. At least, for twenty minutes... Then Steph and Garrett start texting me. But I stay in bed until Mom gets home, when I realize, I really don't want to (I was going to say can't, but that would be an exageration) get out of bed. So I decide to just lay there... until Mom comes down, takes my temperature, and tells me I don't have a fever, and asks if I'm going to the Globetrotters game... So I decide to try walking around. That's when I needed to go to the bathroom, and let's just say I got rid of a lot of waste out of both ends...

I stayed home from the game.

(Crap, I just lost the game...)

So... I mostly rested while they were all gone, but at one point I got up to go to the restroom, and as I'm washing my hands, my vision again goes black, but this time I fall over... Luckily, I hit my head against the bathtub, which gave me enough sense to stumble down to the couch before I fall again. (I hit that armrest pretty hard, though...) Then I fall asleep again, wake up half an hour later, and walk down to my bed, change into my PJs, and zonk out for the night. :D

So... I didn't go to school today. I really hope I didn't miss too much. (Which means I hope I didn't miss more then all of the stuff I know that I missed that I shouldnt' have. :( )

Yeah...

3 comments:

Garrett Matthews said...

I'm really sorry! I've already told you this, but, I just got the full story. (btw, I lost the game)

Jeremiah said...

This had better not be some chronic illness that you die from...

Garrett Matthews said...

I totally agree! BTW, remember to tell me how the game went!

solarflare