8th Day of Summer: Youth Conferance

Obviously, my goal is failing. But it doesn't seem like many people are reading the blog anyway. If your reading this, comment or e-mail me saying you are. Just a "I'm reading your blog" is fine.

So anyway, the past Thursday-Sunday was Youth Conferance. It was really fun. Thrusday we went up to the U of U and hiked up the mountain behind it. I hiked with Jericha and Katie most of the way, and we had a lot of fun. I think the highlight was near the top, when we turned back because it started thundering. Then it started hailing. It was funny to see all the youth run down the mountain screaming and going "Ow, Ow, Ow!" Trying to escape the attack of marble sized hailstones.After that we went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House as a group, which was fun. Then we had a Dinner and played Volleyball at the church. It was fun, but I didn't enjoy it as much because my leg felt like it was on fire.

The next day my leg felt better, and good thing because we went on another hike. We drove down to Goblin Valley and did the Little Wildhorse Canyon, which is a slot canyon. It's also my favorite hike because it's so fun and because I can do it without feeling really tired like I do on a hike like Jordan Parkway. After that, we went to Goblin Valley and had free time. Me, Tori, Brielle, and Riley all went straight to the huge rocks and started climbing them. Spencer did too, but he ran ahead of us so I didn't count him. I learned that Riley and Brielle have a mild fear of hights, and that Spencer doesn't care about falling from fifty feet up. Brother Michealis had to challenge him to a race to get him to come down. It was cool though, after me and Tori helped Brielle and Riley up to the top, to look over the valey that was on the other side of the rock wall. (And to look down the fifty foot drop that led down into the valley, but I don't think the others even tried to do that.) I also met Brother Linton's brother, Andy. (By the way, for those of you who don't know, Brother Linton is my Young Men's President, and he's also Alena's Uncle. So now I know her other uncle.) On the car ride there and back, I swapped stories with Sister Tuituvuki, Sister Thacker, Sister Briggs, and Brother Griffen. I think I learned more about Carl in the 6 hours talking to his mom than in the 2 years I've known him.

On Saturday it was more relaxed. We went to defferant peoples houses to learn about their personal history, and our group got the Brintons. Then we had some seminars about the temple, and Brother Michaelis played the song he wrote for us. Then we went to the Jordan River Temple to do baptisms for the dead. For some people, it was there first time. It was really cool.

Sunday was our ending. Jaden, Zac, Brielle, Spencer, Justine, Sister Soper, and I gave talks in sacrement meeting. Then we had combined third hour and we had a testimony meeting. It was pretty cool and really spiritual.

So my first Youth Conferance was really great. I can't wait for the next time we do something like that!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Goblin Valley is awesome, huh? I think so at least. My family goes there every year with a bunch of people from my church. The last time I went there though, I didn't get to go through Little Wild Horse Canyon, since it rained TONS while I was there and there was a flood warning. But it was still fun anyway.

Oh yeah, and I'm reading your blog. :)

Garrett Matthews said...

I tried commenting yesterday, but it didn't work. Okay, I'm reading your blog. Are you reading mine? Oh well, it doesn't matter. I had a big long comment, where I talked and talked, and it's probably better it wasn't posted. So, if you're interested in my youth conference thingy, check my blog out. If not, it's all right. By the way, your youth conference sounded pretty fun.

Kristin said...

Glad that you had such a great time!

solarflare