Projects

This Blog is BORING! I really need to post more often.
Lately the biggest thing has been the end of the year. Mom is really excited to be off work for the summer, and I'm excited for Yearbooks! (Isn't it so wierd that we are really excited and then all we write in each others are HAGS or KIT and it isn't really that interesting? I'm challenging you Middle Schoolers- try to personalize your signatures in some way!)
I'm kinda disapointed, though, because school is coming to a close. Call me a nerd, (I am one anyway) but I'm going to miss coming to school and having fun with my friends and all my classes. I really like school, except that little thing that comes with it- assignments. Lately, since it's near the end of the year, we've gotten a ton of final projects.
History- We listened to the song "We didn't Start the Fire" in class, and our project was to research certain years from that song and then make our own version. Making our own was pretty fun, you can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdVl05RACCg
Math- No big projects, but CRTs and review for next year. We have to go over a bunch of boring Algebra to get ready for Algebra 2
Tech- For Tech our final projects was to go to a bunch of websites she gave us and try out the programs to decide if they shoud be used in her curriculum next year.
Science- Our final project was called Mythbusters, which was basically choose a myth and research it. Ours was "Can Bubbles be destructive?" The answer is yes, they're called cavitation bubbles.
Spanish- This was the other big one. We had to make a book of all the grammar topics we studied this year, complete with Vocabulary appendix, Title, TofC and Introduction about ourselves. I worked hard on this, even stayed up til midnight a couple of times, but I got 104% on it.
Guitar- We had 2 Concerts, one for Parents and one for the School. It was really fun. Tomorrow is our Final Test, which is really easy. It's just showing him that we can do 3 picking patterns.
English- We had our Roots Final, our Diagramming Final, and our Richard III Final. Roots was pretty easy, Diagramming was really easy, as I've been doing it since 6th grade, and for Richard III I made a game show program and we asked questions from the play.

So it's all done now, and soon we'll be out. Boy, am I glad all of our big Projects are done. I feel relieved.

2 comments:

Garrett Matthews said...

Like you, I like school. I like it because it's better than doing nothing at home all day for one. And I enjoy learning somethings. I had also had a big Spanish project. But, mine was a trip to Mexico book, not nearly as hard as yours I'm guessing. By the way, I think your lucky there's a class to play guitar at your school, and you know how.

Oldewindmill said...

School is of the devil, Jarom. Is one corrupting you? do I have to come over there and get a Catholic priest to do an exorcism?
(Just kidding, of course. I enjoy school a bit as well, but I don't love it.... mainly for the same qualm you have: Assignments.)

solarflare